See and Do
Indulge in the Romance and Adventure that is North Georgia!
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains you’ll find Dahlonega, Georgia. In the early 1800s, it became one of the first major sites of the Gold Rush. With so many things to do and places to see, Dahlonega is the perfect North Georgia adventure destination. From award-winning wineries to picturesque trails and waterfalls, Dahlonega has it all.
WHERE TO WINE
In Dahlonega, GA
- Cavender Creek Vineyards – Family-owned vineyard known for their hand-crafted Norton,Petit Manseng and Cabernet Sauvignon. Call (706) 451-9084 or email them at: email@example.com for more information.
- Serenity Cellars – Family owned, boutique winery specializing in Old World style wines. Call (706) 348-1277 for more information.
- Montaluce Winery & Restaurant – Vineyard, winery, restaurant, and event facility combine to envoke a sense of romance, relaxation, and community. Call (706) 867 4060 for more information.
- Frogtown Cellars – Scenic winery with dramatic country views, a tasting room and an Italian bistro serving Sunday brunch. Call (706) 865 0687 for more information.
- Kaya Vineyard & Winery – Wines made exclusively from estate-grown grapes produced from the winery property. Call (706) 219-3514 for more information.
In Cleveland, GA
- Yonah Mountain Vineyards – A 200-acre family winery located on the southeastern base of iconic Yonah Mountain in Northern Georgia. Wine tour & tasting. Call (706) 878-5522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Cottage Vineyard & Winery – Great wines and beautiful views, just 20 minutes from Dahlonega. Call (706) 865-0053 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Cenita Vineyards & Tasting Room – Stunning views with incredible wines. Call (706) 865-7478 for more information.
In Helen, GA
- Habersham Winery – Producing award-winning wines since 1983 and is one of Georgia’s oldest and largest wineries right outside of Helen Georgia. Call (706) 878 9463 for more information.
- Creekstone Winery – Tasting room will be complete in Spring 2019. Creekstone is a part of the Habersham Winery Family. After 35 years making award-winning wines in Georgia, the Habersham Winery Family is expanding. Our popular Premium Creekstone label is getting its own winery. This beautiful property is located just 3 minutes from Habersham Winery in a French Style Mansion situated on a mountaintop with a breathtaking view of Mt Yonah. Call (706) 878-0004 for more information.
WHERE TO DINE
- Montaluce Winery & Restaurant– Menu. Reserve a table, reservations in advance recommended.
- Shenanigans – Irish pub – Menu, no reservations needed.
- Bourbon Street Grille – New Orleans Cuisine – Menu, no reservations needed.
- Grape Vines Italian Restaurant – casual Italian cuisine Menu, no reservations needed.
- Spirits Tavern – The Best in Dahlonega for burgers. Menu, no reservations needed.
- Gustavo’s – Casual Italian cuisine, Pizza, no reservations needed.
WHERE TO HIKE
- Brasstown Bald – Rising 4,784 feet above sea level, is Georgia’s tallest mountain. It’s incredible 360degree view allows you to see Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee and South Carolina on a clear day.
- Amicalola State Park – Parking in Georgia’s State Parks is just $5, or visitors can buy a $50 annual ParkPass that helps fund renovations, trail work, dock replacements and more.
- Tallulah Gorge – One of the most spectacular canyons in the eastern U.S., Tallulah Gorge is two miles long and nearly 1,000 feet deep. Visitors can hike rim trails to several overlooks, or they can obtain a permit to hike to the gorge floor (100 per day, not available during water releases). A suspension bridge sways 80 feet above the rocky bottom, providing spectacular views of the river and waterfalls.
- Duke’s Creek
- Helton Creek – Waterfall with swimming hole.
- Anna Ruby Falls – located near Unicoi State Park in White County near Helen.
- Vogel State Park, Blairsville, GA
WHERE TO SPA
- North Georgia Zoo
- Dahlonega Gold Museum – call (706) 864 2257 for more information.
- Consolidated Gold Mine – call (706) 864 8473 for more information.
- Atlanta Botanical Gardens – Connect with beauty and the natural world in the Gainesville Garde. Explore outdoor gardens, browse seasonal exhibitions, improve your art and gardening skills and more.
- North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall: One of Georgia’s top-rated outlet malls is located right here in Dawsonville, Georgia. Go shopping at over 140 stores, featuring designer clothing brands, household products, technology, and more.
- Dawsonville Antiques: With over 3,000 square feet of vintage furniture and collectibles, take a stroll through this enormous antique shop to find undiscovered treasures. Take a piece of history with you or save big on your next purchase with Dawonsville’s vibrant antiques market.
- Burt’s Farm: Ready to visit the pumpkin patch or ride Georgia’s most famous hay ride? Stop by Burt’s Farm for the greatest Fall extravaganza, where you can enjoy the cool weather and changing colors with the entire family.
- Gibbs Gardens: From beautiful Japanese ponds to colorful waterlily ponds, Gibbs Gardens is top tourist destination in the southeast. Tour the 292-acre botanical garden for hours to see rolling hills, streams, and millions of flowers.
- Chestatee Golf Club: Take a break from your busy schedule and play a round of golf with family or friends. The beautifully-manicured course has stunning views of the North Georgia landscape and top-notch facilities.